NOTARY PUBLIC APPOINTMENTSA notary public commission can be obtained thru the Carroll County Clerk of Court office at the new Carroll County Justice Center. To obtain your commission, you must first go to the Superior Court Clerks Cooperative Authority - http://www.gsccca.org/Projects/npapp.asp Fill out the online application. After completing the application, it MUST be submitted. Once submitted it will direct you to print out the application package. Print out the package then obtain the signatures of the TWO endorsers the application called for. Once you have obtained these signatures, bring the application along with the $37.00 Notary fee to the Clerk of Court office on the second floor in the new Carroll County Justice Center and we will issue your commission. (We can also notarize your signature for you as well.) A complete handbook of Georgia Notary Public rules and regulations is also available for purchase at www.gsccca.org/filesandforms/notaryforms.asp along with a FAQ section with valuable information about your Notary Public requriements at www.gsccca.org/Projects/npfaq.asp ..
NOTARY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR
IF YOU ARE ASKED FOR MONEY OR CREDIT CARD, YOU ARE AT THE WRONG WEBSITE. PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK’S OFFICE, (770) 830 – 5830.
You must be 18 yrs. old and a current resident of Carroll County. (The ONLY exception is if you are a non-resident of Carroll County residing in a state bordering Georgia AND you are employed in Georgia.)
1) Go to WWW.GSCCCA.ORG (make sure you use 3 Cs)
Georgia Superior Court Clerk’s Cooperative Authority
2) At the bottom right of the home page: click on “Georgia Notary Online Application”
3) Select county of residence (Carroll)
4) Type in 3 digit code & click “continue.”
5) Select application type (new or renewal), click “next step.”
6) Enter your application information. Please note: enter your name the way you want to sign it. The way you enter your name is the way you must sign when you notarize. After you have entered all information, including your 2 endorsers, their addresses and phone numbers, click on “review application."
***ENDORSERS MUST BE RESIDENTS OF THE SAME COUNTY IN WHICH YOU ARE LIVING AND APPLYING – THEY MUST NOT BE RELATED TO THE PERSON APPLYING.***
7) If all of your information looks correct, then please click “Data Verification” then “Submit Application.”
8) After you SUBMIT your application, then you can PRINT your application.
9) Get your 2 endorsers from Carroll County to sign their part of the application then bring to the second floor of the new Carroll County Justice Center. Do not sign the 1st page until you are in the presence of a Notary Public.
10) It is highly recommended that ALL notaries obtain a copy of the Georgia Notary Handbook. The handbooks can be ordered from the Georgia Clerk’s Authority website (www.gsccca.org) or directly from the American Society of Notaries.
Notary Application Fee = $37.00 (Effective, Wednesday, March 16, 2011)-----Pay at the Courthouse -
Cash or Check only!
SUPERIOR COURT | STATE COURT | REAL ESTATE/ RECORDING | JURY INFORMATION | CALENDARS | FORMS | LINKS | CONTACT US | PHONE NUMBERS | OFFICE ADDRESS
Carroll County Clerk of Superior & State Courts
Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 1620 CARROLLTON, GA. 30112
Physical Address: 311 NEWNAN ST CARROLLTON, GA. 30117
©2010 Carroll County Clerk of Superior & State Courts. All Rights Reserved