At this time, we only accept CASH or CHECK!


New fees effective July 13, 2010

                                                                                               Regular                        Expedite

Adult Passport Book                                                       $135.00                         $207.72

Adult Passport Card                                                           55.00                          115.00

Adult Passport Book & Card                                              165.00                          237.72


Expedite fees will carry an additional charge of $18.95 for overnight postage from the courthouse. This service is available ONLY upon request!


Minor Passport Book                                                        $105.00                        $177.72

Minor Passport Card                                                           40.00                          100.00

Minor Passport Book & Card                                              120.00                         192.72


BY MAIL ONLY – Requires ‘By Mail’ Form (DS-82)

Adult Passport Book Renewal                                            $110.00                       $182.72

Adult Passport Card Renewal                                                30.00                           90.00

Adult Passport Book & Card Renewal                                 140.00                          212.72


PHOTOS can be made onsite! The charge is $10.00.

As of January 23, 2007, ALL persons travelling across the U.S. Border are required by law to obtain a U. S. Passport, according to the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The passport card is valid when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. It is NOT valid for international travel by air. (It was designed for the specific needs of northern and southern U.S. border communities with residents that cross the border frequently by land.)

The passport book is meant for and is valid for international travel by air, sea or land.

Both book and card are valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors (under 16). 



v      ONE passport photos   The Carroll County Courthouse, your local Passport Acceptance Facility now provides photo service for passport applicants. The charge is $10.00 for the passport photo. (Most local pharmacy retailers with a photo facility can produce the required photos – Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, etc.)

v      A Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate   (A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth.)

v      Driver’s License (License must be valid when you apply.) Front and back copy will be and must be made only by Passport Acceptance Agent.

v      A completed passport application (please use BLACK INK)

v      Any supporting documents needed  (Marriage certificate, Citizenship/Naturalization paperwork, Identifying witness Affidavit, Lost/Stolen statement, statement of Consent, etc)



****For minor applicants under the age of 16, BOTH parents are required to be present with ID at the time of applying.

***For minors 16-17, ONE parent is required to be present unless requested by Passport Acceptance Agent.

We only accept CASH or CHECK at this time. Checks must be written out to 

Carroll County Clerk of Court  NOT  U. S. Department of State.  


We Now Make Photos at the Courthouse!!! The charge is $10.00.

  1. Photo must represent full head from top of hair to bottom of chin 
  2. Height of head should measure 1 inch to 1 - 3/8 inches (25,, to 35mm)
  3. Head should be centered within frame.
  4. Photo MUST have a white or light off-white background (NO DARKER)
  5. There must be NO distracting shadows on the face or background.
  6. Subject must retain a Natural Expression
  7. If prescription glasses are worn normally, then the subject must wear them in the photo.
  8. Picture must be 2 inches by 2 inches.
  9. Only religious uniforms are allowed - and only if worn daily.
  10. Two identical photos must accompany the Passport application.


These rules concerning the passport photos are issued by the U.S. Department of State and Homeland Security. Our passport acceptance agents are charged with enforcing these rules.

If there are any questions regarding the photos, please contact Catherine Huckeba (770)830-5830 x2225 at the Courthouse for further information.

FAQ for Passport Acceptance 

1)      What do I need to have with me when I apply for a new Passport?

  1. One (1) new passport photo1 – We provide this service at the courthouse.
  2. A Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (raised seal)
  3. Driver’s License
  4. Passport Application (if filled out prior to visit)

2)      What are the fees for the passports?

  1. (refer to fees listed above)

3)      How long does it take to come back?

  1. On a regular passport, 4 to 6 weeks.
  2. On an expedited passport, 2 to 3 weeks.

4)      Can I fill out an application online?

  1. yes:

5)      How long are the passports good for?

  1. Adult passports are good for 10 years
  2. Minor passports are good for 5 years

6)      How do I renew my passport?

  1. If your passport has expired less than 5 years from the present, you will fill out Form DS-82 (Passport by Mail) in which the passport holder will send in their own renewal.
  2. If it has been more than 5 years since the customer’s passport has expired, the customer will fill out a New Passport Application and process that application at the courthouse.

*** In any case, they will need a front and back copy of their driver’s license, ONE NEW PASSPORT PHOTOS. ***

The old passport must be returned to the Department of State. It will be returned with a cancelled stamp on it. It can be used in the future as a secondary form of ID.

7)      What do I do if I have lost my passport?

  1. You must fill out a new passport application along with a Form DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport)
  2. Bring in 1 new passport photo, driver’s license, Certified copy of birth certificate

8)      Can my husband/wife bring my application in for me?

  1. NO – applicant must be present to take oath and sign form in front of Certified Passport Acceptant Agent. Also, when applying for minor’s passports, the children along with both parents must be present. If a parent is unable to be present at the time of applying for a child’s passport, he/she must submit a Parental Consent Form (Form DS 3053) to go along with the passport application packet.

9)      Do my children have to be present or can I bring in their passport applications myself?

  1. NO – ALL applicants must be present at time of processing.

10)   Will my birth certificate (Citizenship papers, Naturalization paperwork) back after it has been submitted with the application?

  1. Yes. Certified documents sent with a passport application will be returned in separate envelopes to the mailing address listed on the application. Old passports will be Cancelled and returned to applicant and can be used as a Secondary form of ID.

 11) Do my children need a passport?

            YES! If you are planning to travel outside the US border with your children, they will need a passport.

 12) I was told that my children could travel with only their birth certificate. Is this true?

             NO it is not. Children must also obtain a passport to travel abroad. This includes Mexico, Canada, the Bahamas  and the Carribean.



























Please excuse our progress.

We are excited about the construction of Carroll County's New Justice Center. Keep in mind that during the construction of this new Justice Center the Courthouse will remain open for business. We ask that patrons of the existing courthouse please park inside be newly constructed parking deck.

Carroll County Clerk of  Superior & State Courts
Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 1620 CARROLLTON, GA. 30112  
Physical Address:  323 NEWNAN ST CARROLLTON, GA. 30117
©2010 Carroll County Clerk of Superior & State Courts. All Rights Reserved