Chat with us, powered by LiveChat


Passport photos are made onsite ($10). 


Renewal applications (adult only)

are completed by the applicant at home!

Call (770)830-5830

Ext 1211

Applications MUST be filled out prior to arrival.

Applications can be obtained from

Processing times for passports begin when the passport reaches the processing facility - not here at the Acceptance Agency

4 - 6 weeks for routine passports

2 - 3 weeks for expedited passports

as of October 3, 2023


No Debit Cards--No Charge Cards- NO CASH!!!!

Please see red typed statement below!!!


New fees effective JANUARY 23, 2023

                                  Regular + Acceptance Fee                   Expedite + Acceptance Fee


Adult Passport Book                   $130.00 + 35.00                              $209.53 + 35.00                 

Adult Passport Card                     $30.00 + 35.00                                $90.00 + 35.00                 

      Adult Passport Book & Card                            $160.00 + 35.00                         $239.53 + 35.00                                                                




Minor Passport Book                                                        $100.00 + 35.00                        $179.53 + 35.00

Minor Passport Card                                                           15.00 + 35.00                          75.00 + 35.00

Minor Passport Book & Card                                        115.00 + 35.00                         194.53+ 35.00


BY MAIL ONLY – Requires ‘By Mail’ Form (DS-82)

Adult Passport Book Renewal                                            $130.00                       $209.53

Adult Passport Card Renewal                                                30.00                           90.00

Adult Passport Book & Card Renewal                                 160.00                          239.53

Adult renewals are completed by the applicant and mailed to the proper address (listed on the application) at the Post Office.


PHOTOS can be made onsite! The charge is $10.00.

PASSPORT PHOTOS must have a white background or an 

off-white background (not cream, not khaki, not tan - ever so slightly darker than white). If the photo you bring DOES NOT meet these requirements, a new photo will be taken and you will be responsible for the $10.00 charge. 

As of January 23, 2007, ALL persons traveling across the U.S. Border are required by law to obtain a U. S. Passport, according to the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The passport card is valid when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. It is NOT valid for international travel by air. (It was designed for the specific needs of northern and southern U.S. border communities with residents that cross the border frequently by land.)

The passport book is meant for and is valid for international travel by air, sea or land.

Both book and card are valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors (under 16). 


*****Please read ALL of the instructions*****



Appointments must be made for submitting passport applications by calling (770) 830-5931.



ALL applicants must be present when the application is submitted. This means that children must be present regardless of their age. They must be present when their parents are submitting their applications. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

v      ONE passport photo   The Carroll County Courthouse, your local Passport Acceptance Facility now provides photo service for passport applicants. The charge is $10.00 for the passport photo. (Most local pharmacy retailers with a photo facility can produce the required photos – Walgreens, CVS, etc. Outside passports typically start at $14.99+ tax.)

v      A Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate -Long Form  (A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. The birth certificate must contain parent's names. Card certificates and Vanity Hospital Certificates are not allowed.)

v      Driver’s License (License must be valid when you apply.) Front and back copy will be and must be made only by Passport Acceptance Agent.

v      A completed passport application           (Only use BLACK INK)

v      Any supporting documents needed  (Marriage certificate, Citizenship/Naturalization paperwork, Identifying witness Affidavit, Lost/Stolen statement, statement of Consent, etc)  ALL MUST BE CERTIFIED

****For minor applicants under the age of 16, BOTH parents are required to be present with ID at the time of applying. If both parents are not able to be present, one parent MUST come with child and absent parent MUST sent completed DS-3054 with front and back copy of valid Driver's License. 


***For minors 16-17 (with a valid Driver's License), ONE parent is required to be present unless requested by Passport Acceptance Agent.

We accept  ONLY CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS at this time. If writing checks or money orders, you must write two. One check must be written to U.S. Dept of State - Second check will be written to Clerk of Court for acceptance fees.  The amounts for the checks will depend on the passport you purchase. Please wait to fill out amount of checks at the passport agency.


If using MONEY ORDERS, please call ahead to find out amount of money orders.





PHOTOS MADE ONSITE!!!     The charge is $10.00.

  1. Photo must represent full head from top of hair to bottom of chin 
  2. Height of head should measure 1 inch to 1 - 3/8 inches (25 to 35mm)
  3. Head should be centered within the frame.
  4. Photo MUST have a white or light off-white background (NO DARKER - off white means lighter than lt cream)
  5. There must be NO distracting shadows on the face or background.
  6. Subject must retain a Natural Expression - NO SMILES
  7. Glasses (whether prescription or not) are NOT allowed in the photo!
  8. Picture must be 2 inches by 2 inches.
  9. Only religious uniforms are allowed - and only if worn daily (must be accompanied by an affidavit)


These rules concerning passport photos are issued by the U.S. Department of State and Homeland Security. Our passport acceptance agents are charged with enforcing these rules.

If there are any questions regarding the photos, please contact Catherine Huckeba (770)830-5830 x1205 at the Courthouse for further information.

FAQ for Passport Acceptance 

1)      What do I need to have with me when I apply for a new Adult Passport?

  1. One (1) new passport photo – We provide this service at the courthouse.
  2. A Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (raised seal)
  3. Driver’s License
  4. Passport Application (if filled out prior to visit)

2)      What are the fees for the passports?

  1. (refer to fees listed above)

3)      How long does it take to come back?

  1. On a regular passport, 8-11 weeks
  2. On an expedited passport, 5-7 weeks.

Due to the effects of the closures caused by the pandemic, the return rate of the passports is now

8 - 11 weeks for a regular passport and 5 - 7 weeks for an expedited passport.

4)      Can I fill out an application online?

  1. yes:

5)      How long are the passports good for?

  1. Adult passports are good for 10 years
  2. Minor passports are good for 5 years

6)      How do I renew my passport?

  1. If your passport has expired less than 5 years from the present, you will fill out Form DS-82 (Passport by Mail) in which the passport holder will send in their own renewal.
  2. If it has been more than 5 years since the customer’s passport has expired, the customer will fill out a New Passport Application and process that application at the courthouse.

*** In any case, they will need a front and back copy of their driver’s license, ONE NEW PASSPORT PHOTO. ***

The old passport must be returned to the Department of State. It will be returned with a cancelled stamp on it. It can be used in the future as a secondary form of ID.

7)      What do I do if I have lost my passport?

  1. You must fill out a new passport application along with a Form DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport)
  2. Bring in 1 new passport photo, driver’s license, Certified copy of birth certificate

8)      Can my husband/wife bring my application in for me?

  1. NO – applicant must be present to take oath and sign form in front of Certified Passport Acceptant Agent. Also, when applying for minor’s passports, the children along with both parents must be present. If a parent is unable to be present at the time of applying for a child’s passport, he/she must submit a Parental Consent Form (Form DS 3053) to go along with the passport application packet.

9)      Do my children have to be present or can I bring in their passport applications myself?

  1.  – ALL applicants must be present at time of processing. ALL minors must be present when applying.

10)   Will my birth certificate (Citizenship papers, Naturalization paperwork) back after it has been submitted with the application?

  1. Yes. Certified documents sent with a passport application will be returned in separate envelopes to the mailing address listed on the application. Old passports will be Cancelled and returned to applicant and can be used as a Secondary form of ID.

 11) Do my children need a passport?

            YES! If you are planning to travel outside the US border with your children, they will need a passport. ALL U.S. Citizens who will be traveling outside the US Border will need a passport ----IT IS THE LAW!!!!

 12) I was told that my children could travel with only their birth certificate. Is this true?

             NO it is not. Children must also obtain a passport to travel abroad. This includes Mexico, Canada, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.


























Carroll County Clerk of  Superior & State Courts
Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 1620 CARROLLTON, GA. 30112  
Physical Address:  311 NEWNAN ST CARROLLTON, GA. 30117
©2010 Carroll County Clerk of Superior & State Courts. All Rights Reserved